While I was in college I was given a chili recipe that I have since altered a little and have shared with my family. It is an easy recipe to remember and a simple dish to prepare in a short amount of time. Though it doesn’t look that appealing, I have a number of witnesses who will tell you that it is yummy. The best part about this is if you are cooking for 1 or 2 you will have leftovers to freeze and if you are cooking for 4 it will serve everyone.
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of chunky crushed tomatoes
- Chili Powder
- Optional (sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for toppings)
- Dice green pepper and onion and then sauté in a large pan
- Brown turkey meat in a skillet
- Add cooked turkey, drained corn and black beans to sautéed green pepper and onions
- Add chunky crushed tomatoes. Mix.
- Add chili powder (to your taste)
- Let simmer for 15-30mins on low heat