Now that the wedding is over I thought it would be fun to share some of my wedding DIY projects with you. First one being the Candy Bar!
Who does not like candy? This girl loves her candy!
When candy bars started to become a “thing” that people did at weddings I thought that it would be a perfect and fun wedding favor for my guests. It turned out to be a lot of work and more expensive than I would have liked, but I wouldn’t have changed it at all since everyone loved it. I enlisted my lovely husband’s artistic ability to draw the sign and my very patient, mom got all the candy and organized all the jars and candy to make it look wonderful (About 10 times over since I am so picky).
Before (Practicing set up and layout)
After (@ the wedding reception)
I think it ended up looking fun and inviting. And I will not name names (cough, cough, Katie M.) loved it so much she was putting extra ringpops in the top of her dress to take home. I say that means it was a successful candy bar experience :-).
- Apothecary Jars: HomeGoods
- Candy: Walmart and Party City (since Valentine’s Day was just a few months before our wedding I took it as an opportunity to get pink candy without having to special order it, which ultimately saved us some money.)
- Candy Bags: Bags & Bows. I also had a personal sticker made by an Etsy vendor to go on the candy bags.
- Chalkboard Sign: Michaels
- Candy scoops/tongs: my mom had them!